Vicki is a wife and mom of three children. When Vicki and her family decided to move from Connecticut to Surprise, Arizona, she wanted to make sure that activities for her three young children would be plentiful and fun. Vicki and often ventured out with her kids to find kid friendly places to play. She started her blog, called Surprize Arizona Mom, to help families find fun places to go, support local businesses, encourage partnerships between businesses and meet new friends along the way.
Vicki also writes for Spouselink.org (a national military spouse blog), a neighborhood newsletter, and the Surprise Today Newspaper. She is Principal/teacher and PTO organizer at her family “homeschool.” Plus, Vicki is also a Realtor® with Real Living Property For You in Peoria, Arizona.
- When Vicki and her husband began their lives together as a military family. Her husband served in the army until his brother was killed in Afghanistan and he returned home as a “surviving son.” The family moved cross-country for a new start at life, and both Vicki and her husband launched successful businesses.Vicki manages a blog that focuses on family, specifically reviewing things to do with kids in her local area, but also blogs about homeschooling and anywhere the family travels.
- VIcki provides some tips for anyone who is considering starting a blog, including advice to identify your passion. You need to write about a topic that you are passionate about, and if you are passionate about it, it’s most likely that there is someone else out there who would also be interested in reading that content. You also have to make it relatable, as opposed to just a summary of events or things that happened to you.
- Her kids know the basics about blogging and have started helping by pointing out what things should be photographed and written about. Her younger 2 children really seem drawn to the photography aspect of things, and her oldest wants to be like dad, and has recently started coding.
When Vicki and her family decided to move from Connecticut to Surprise, Arizona, she wanted to make sure that activities for her three young children would be plentiful and fun! Her three children, “Munchie”(8), “giggles” (5), and “dimples” (4) months, and often ventured out to find kid friendly places for them. The goal of the blog is to help families find fun places to go, support local businesses, encourage partnerships between businesses and meet new friends along the way.
Vicki is a 30 plus year old wife and mom of three children. Her awesome husband (who is technical support for this site and has his own business Surprise AZ Web Services) and were married in 2008 and moved to Surprise from Connecticut. Along with running Surprise AZ Mom, Vicki currently writes for Spouselink.org (a national military spouse blog) a neighborhood newsletter and the Surprise Today Newspaper. Vicki is also Principal/teacher and PTO organizer at her family “homeschool” . In addition to all of those activities, Vicki is also a Realtor® with Real Living Property For You in Peoria, Arizona.
Recommendations & Links
- The Dinner Daily
- The dog roomba poop story
- Google University
- Halle Heart Museum
- Amazon Prime
- PeaPod Delivery
- In Post Ads, plug in for WordPress Websites
- “Write about your passion… you’ll find someone else who also has that passion.”
- “Mom, I’ll build you a good website!”
Last week I interviewed Hannah B. King on the Podcast. Hannah is an intuitive success mentor for creative entrepreneurial mamas. She is on a mission, creating a movement of modern day badass mama’s, collectively inspired on their journey of radical transformation and quantum growth, guiding them to create their dream desired lifestyle on their own terms. We explored topics related to mental blocks and making mindset shifts, and the trick to making affirmations effective. Go back and give it a listen!
In episode number 11 we will meet Sarah Humes. After overcoming anxiety and agoraphobia, she bravely entered the business world with a company called In-Courage Living. Her mission is to help people do brave things every day. We’ll discuss relationship building, core values, and the aspirations of her children. It’s a great interview, that you won’t want to miss!