One thing that separates a successful entrepreneur from one that isn’t successful is the willingness to keep learning. Becoming a lifelong learner separates you from the pack and will enable you to keep your business alive and thriving, even when things change. Take a look at these three fantastic business books that will help you take your business to the next level.
1) Starting an Online Business for Dummies by Shannon Belew.
This is a great book that goes over all the steps you need to start a legitimate business online. Even if you have been earning money already, this book gives a lot of valuable information that you may not realize.
This book covers all aspects of business – from finding a niche, creating a business plan, designing your website, marketing, to increasing your reach and more. It’s all the information packed in a very easy-to-understand organization.
2) Profit First: Transform Your Business from a Cash-Eating Monster to a Money-Making Machine by Mike Michalowicz
This book kind of blows some of the conventional money management ideas out the window for your business. This book can help you think of your business revenue in totally different ways than you might be thinking of it now.
The idea behind this book is to pay yourself first so that you don’t feel like you’re slaving away for nothing. He flips the accounting formula to Sales – Profit = Expenses. This puts your mind on profits instead of expenses. You should, of course, try to eliminate as many expenses as you can so that you can take more profits.
3) The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People: Powerful Lessons in Personal Change by Stephen R. Covey
The best book out there that gives the information to you in a simple way for the things you need to do each day in your life to experience success. The cool thing is that success breeds success. People who read it will often re-read it several times and call it one of the most influential business books ever to exist.
Even if you already have a side hustle, and you are already thinking of turning into a legitimate business, these books will help you. In fact, try to make it a habit to read at least one new business book each month. Even if a book has advice that doesn’t work for you, there is always a gem that you can take away and implement in your growing business and life.
- Stay with me – Every week I share new content related to content creation, business, and marketing. The easiest way not to miss anything is to join my weekly newsletter!
- Connect with a likeminded community – the FamilyPreneur™ Community is a great place to connect with other parents who are building businesses! Request to join, answer a couple easy questions (so we can ensure everyone in the group is legit), and I'll get you approved ASAP!