- The reason there are only 4 kids in my cover art is because my 3rd child was in the corner crying because she “didn't want to” (note: my husband was consoling her, she was not emotionally scarred by this experience!)
- Part of me feels sad about that photo because I do love it so much – but it's missing a big part of my heart. This is part of the reason why I avoided using it for a year!
- My kids don't always perform as I want them too. Life isn't always perfect. We don't always get the picture-perfect pictures we want.
- It's easy to be distracted by the images of perfection we see on social media. It's important to remember, that's not real life.
- Entrepreneurship looks different for everybody. Balance looks different for everybody. We have to make sure we're not comparing our REAL LIFE to someone else's CURATED LIFE.
- Yes, the photo on my cover art was taken by a professional photographer in a studio… but, it still so perfectly represents my real life. This is the way I interact with my kids, even while working – I can't tell you how often I am working and look up to see someone in that shark head! My child was having a temper tantrum and that's why she is not in the picture.
- I love the photo regardless of the fact that it is not exactly how I wanted it. Just like my real life – I love it, imperfections and all!
About The Host
Meg Brunson has been marketing to moms for nearly a decade. After leaving her corporate job at Facebook in 2017 to be a more present mom to her 4 daughters, she founded EIEIO Marketing; a digital marketing agency focused on Facebook Marketing for family-first businesses.
Through highly targeted, results-driven, Facebook Ads she's delivered results for her clients that include: doubling their lead volume, generating 62% more sales than the in-house team, attaining a 16x return on ad spend, and reducing the cost per lead by 99%!
After helping her daughter launch her first business, Storytime With Kiki, at the age of 10, Meg began hosting the FamilyPreneur Podcast: an interview-style podcast for parent entrepreneurs, raising entrepreneurial children.