Today’s guest stars on the hit Netflix series, Fuller House. He has previously starred opposite William Baldwin, Denise Richards, and Tom Arnold (among others). He’s a veteran of dozens of television commercials and short films, plus has appeared in a variety of stage productions. When he is not working professionally, he enjoys performing magic tricks and has even ventured into building a side-hustle around his love of magic. This 16-year-old is definitely a budding young Hollywood actor to watch! Let’s welcome, Michael Campion!
Michael shares how he got his start in acting and landed a role on Fuller House.
- He started in a community theatre which lead to modeling and some commercials.
- He then landed his first feature film: Robo-Dog.
- His agent out in California helped him land a second feature film.
- He enjoys being on the sitcom because the schedule is very predictable, unlike being in a movie.
[bctt tweet=”“As much as I definitely would love to own my own business one day, I feel like I couldn’t have actually had this mindset if it weren’t for him teaching me about that sort of stuff, so it was priceless information and experiences from having my dad take me to his work and explain how things go.” ~Michael Campion, FamilyPreneur Podcast episode #85 ” username=”TheMegBrunson”]
Michael shares about what school looks like for a busy actor.
- He attended a traditional school in Orlando from K-7th grade.
- Once he landed Fuller House, he started attending a school for child actors.
- He never misses the traditional school structure.
Michael shares about how he travels between the states for work.
- He films for seven months at a time, so his family has a place they live in California.
- It’s difficult to coordinate visits with his dad’s business because he is also an entrepreneur.
- He does the majority of his school work on set.
- Season 1 was definitely the hardest because he got the part and had to start three days later!
[bctt tweet=”“Magic is a lot like acting. If you don’t have acting experience, you’re not going to be a good magician.” ~Michael Campion, FamilyPreneur Podcast episode #85 ” username=”TheMegBrunson”]
Michael shares about his other passion-magic!
- He is a junior member of the Magic Castle in Los Angeles and is paid to do shows there.
- He hopes to be able to monetize it one day when he has a bit more time.
Michael shares about the impact of going to work with his dad when he was younger.
- He loved learning about his dad’s business and asking him all kinds of questions about the schools and businesses he was building.
- It definitely sparked his curiosity about being an entrepreneur.
[bctt tweet=”Get a very solid foundation. Be comfortable with yourself. Go to theatre, go to acting classes, go to improv classes, and once you have that base, it all kind of falls in once you have an agent.” ~Michael Campion, FamilyPreneur Podcast episode #85 ” username=”TheMegBrunson”]
Michaels shares tips about getting started as an actor.
- Getting into acting is no easy venture!
- He suggests going to classes and gain improv skills to build up a resume.
- After that, you can get an agent and possibly starting getting bookings.
Michael shares some shenanigans that happen on the set of Fuller House
- He talks about what he would love to see happen in the next season with Fuller House.
- He mentions who he most identifies with on the show and what actors he is currently fan-boying over.
- You can even catch some of the prank war that has gone on on set here on YouTube.
Meet Michael Campion
Michael Campion stars on the hit Netflix series, Fuller House in the role of Jackson Fuller, the teen son of DJ Tanner played by Candace Cameron-Bure. This reboot of the uber-popular series Fuller House is now in production for season five.
Michael previously starred opposite William Baldwin, Denise Richards and Tom Arnold in the feature film Christmas Trade. This busy teen is also one of the stars of Robo-Dog and the soon to be released Robo-Dog Unleashed where he worked alongside Jonathan Silverman, Patrick Muldoon and Olivia d’Abo. Another early credit was a starring role in the feature film Finding Eden.
A veteran of dozens of television commercials and short films, Michael also has a love of the theater. He has appeared in stage productions of The Wizard Of Oz, Annie and The Little Mermaid, just to name a few.
When he isn’t working professionally, he enjoys water sports, video games, performing magic tricks and like a typical teenager, hanging out with friends. When not in Los Angeles, Michael lives in Florida with his parents where he is always eager to visit the many theme parks Florida has to offer. Michael Campion is definitely a budding young Hollywood actor to watch!
Find Michael Campion
About The Host
Meg Brunson has been marketing to moms for nearly a decade. After leaving her corporate job at Facebook in 2017 to be a more present mom to her 4 daughters, she founded EIEIO Marketing; a digital marketing agency focused on Facebook Marketing for family-first businesses.
Through highly targeted, results-driven, Facebook Ads she’s delivered results for her clients that include: doubling their lead volume, generating 62% more sales than the in-house team, attaining a 16x return on ad spend, and reducing the cost per lead by 99%!
After helping her daughter launch her first business, Storytime With Kiki, at the age of 10, Meg began hosting the FamilyPreneur Podcast: an interview-style podcast for parent entrepreneurs, raising entrepreneurial children.