Growing your business online is one of the most important things to do if you want your business to survive. Whether you do this through the help of Sureshot.io, with an in-house team, or by yourself, it doesn't matter. It just matters that you're making an effort to market your business. With the ever-growing popularity in technology and using online sites to generate more sales, it could be important that all businesses make this transition into creating a website, sooner rather than later. Once this has been done, you need to find ways to drive customers to your e-commerce site through successful marketing strategies. This may come in the form of affiliate management, and if it is done right, you could generate positive results and increased sales. Regardless of how big or small your business is, this could prove to be pivotal in your business success. This growing importance to understand the online market is why Louise Brogan works with entrepreneurs to help them figure out how to market their business online in a strategic organised way. It helps them to understand Why Products, People and Customers are King when it comes to building a successful business. Louise is the founder of Social Bee Academy, a membership with focus, accountability and community backing up really great training on marketing your business online.
- Louise's father was an entrepreneur. He was always self employed, and cautioned the family against entrepreneurship. It was his belief that it was easier to just work traditional employment. Traditional employment (as he perceived it) allowed you to leave work at the end of the day and just go home.
- Her dad died just 5 weeks after the birth of her first child, and it was right around that time, that she opened a craft shop alongside her part time job in IT.
- Her husband holds traditional employment, which takes some of the pressure off of being an entrepreneur. She has no regrets about leaving the corporate world. She is now making more money than she was at her part-time corporate job, and she has more flexibility to be the mom she wants to be.
- Now, her business focuses on teaching social media strategies to solopreneurs and corporate businesses. She learned the skills needed to run her business by doing a lot of research and investing in business development courses to learn the things she didn't know. In 2018 she is shifting her offerings to a membership program that will focus on one topic at a time and cover comprehensive marketing strategies for small businesses from blogging, to using some of her favorite digital tools like Trello and 17-hats. Software programs are really helpful, and honestly essential, to running a business.
- Louise's favorite platform is Facebook and she shares some tips for your business to implement on Facebook:
- Operating out of a Business Page (not a personal profile)
- Filling in all information on your Page so users can understand your business and how to connect with you
- Link your Page to your Profile, so people can easily see what your business is and learn more about it.
- Consistency in what you posts, and not being overly promotional
- Using Video and especially Live is especially valuable on Facebook. People like Live because they are interested in connecting with the person behind the business, and it's okay if you mess up because they also like knowing that you are human and relatable.
- Louise is also a Podcaster and discusses her Podcast as it stands today, and some thoughts she has for changing the way she is managing the Podcast in the future. When you're an entrepreneur you're always tweaking things.
- We discuss re-purposing content as it relates to the Podcast, as well as Louise's membership program which is going to focus on blogging as a marketing strategy before any other topic, because you can easily transform a blog into many bits of repurposable content.
Meet Louise Brogan
Louise works with entrepreneurs to help them figure out how to market their business online in a strategic organised way. Louise is the founder of Social Bee Academy, a membership with focus, accountability and community backing up really great training on marketing your business online.
Free five day Facebook course for beginners at https://socialbeeni.com/freefivedayfbcourse/
Recommendations & Links
Last week, FamilyPreneur featured Alyssa Truman. Alyssa always knew she wanted to be a mom, and she turned to direct sales as a way to bring in some extra money. 12 years later, she's still with the same direct sales company and has lots of valuable tips, tricks, and advice surrounding balancing family and business. Whether you're a direct sales rep, thinking of joining a direct sales company, or an entirely different type of entrepreneur – Alyssa's interview provided a ton of value for all parent-entrepreneurs!
Next week we'll meet Jayleen Magill. Jayleen is a mother of 3. She has an undergraduate in organizational training and a master's in business. Jayleen has worked in the healthcare industry for more than 15 years and has spent the last 5 years supporting integrative health practitioners implement business and marketing growth strategies. On her blog, Grow Big and Stay Home, Jayleen helps mom entrepreneurs start and grow their health & wellness businesses. If you could use some tips on organization, you wont want to miss what Jayleen has in store for us!
About The Host
Meg Brunson has been marketing to moms for over 7 years. She is the founder and CEO of EIEIO Marketing, a digital marketing agency focused on Facebook Marketing for family-focused businesses.
Meg is also a former Facebook employee with a passion for helping bootstrapped businesses figure out Facebook so that they can promote like the pros! She left the 9-5 in 2017, so that she could be the mom she wanted to be to her 4 young daughters.
After helping her daughter launch her first business, Storytime With Kiki, at the age of 10, Meg began hosting the FamilyPreneur Podcast: an interview-style podcast for parent entrepreneurs, raising entrepreneurial children.