Today's guests struggled for years with feelings of isolation, stress, and fear, all while running a business and a family. Their business almost ended their marriage, but though a great deal of vulnerability and the willingness to start by working on themselves individually, they got through it.
And they now believe that you can have both a successful business AND a successful relationship – without sacrificing either!
These experiences are what inspired them to launch Whole Life Entrepreneurship, with a mission to bring those lessons learned to other entrepreneurial families so that they too can lead better, more fulfilled, lives.
I'm excited to introduce you to the founders of Whole Life Entrepreneurship, Kerry and Adam Anderson!
Adam was working for IBM and was on the road so often that even his dog stopped recognizing him. Then, he transitioned to entrepreneurship, but quickly found that he was just as busy as an entrepreneur. There was a lot of physical – and emotional – distance between Adam and Kerry (and their son). Kerry started to feel resentful – it seemed like everything revolved around Adam's business. When Adam lost $2 million dollars, it sparked more issues at home – which translated into Adam spending more time on the business – and they found themselves in a vicious cycle.
In This Episode You'll Learn
- What was the breaking point that ignited Kerry to change how she was showing up – and how did that bring Adam around?
- The key to ensuring that your spouse/partner does not resent you for the decisions you make in your life/business.
- What do A.S.S.E.S have to do with the common pains faced by most entrepreneurial families!?
- The 3 C's (Chill, Communication, & Community) are found within each of the 4 P's (Person, People, Purpose, Profit)… allow Adam & Kerry to break down what this means and how you can leverage this strategy to find success in your business and life!
- The “family business meeting” strategy that Adam & Kerry have with each other, and how they involve the kids (ages 8 & 11) in the process!
Take the FREE Assessment at www.wlemission.com/FamilyPreneur
Listen and Subscribe Now
Meet Kerry and Adam
Kerry and Adam Anderson are the founders of Whole Life Entrepreneurship, and their business almost ended their marriage. They struggled for years with feelings of isolation, stress, and fear, all while running a business and a family.
Though a great deal of vulnerability and the willingness to start by working on themselves individually, they got through it. Based on those lessons learned, Kerry wrote a book called “In Bed with the Business: The Entrepreneurial Spouse's Survival Guide” to help other families understand what it takes to move from a place of non stop conflict to a partnership that enriches and empowers.
Kerry and Adam now believe that you can have a successful business AND a successful relationship without having to sacrifice either. Their mission at Whole Life Entrepreneurship is to bring those lessons learned to other entrepreneurial families to help them lead better, more fulfilled, lives.
Find Kerry and Adam
- Website: www.wlemission.com
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/whole-life-entrepreneurship
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/311552539461881/