Today's guest is a wife, mom, and Business Strategist based out of Salt Lake City, Utah. She helps female five figure entrepreneurs effortlessly scale to six figures, without overwhelm or burnout. She is known as The Part Time CEO because she only works 2 and a half days per week, and the rest of the time she is a stay at home Mom to her one year old daughter, Adelaide. She loves inspiring and empowering women to reach their full potential as women and business owners, the host of The Part Time CEO Podcast, Janelle Lara!
Janelle talks about how she is able to make her 20 hour work week a reality.
- Knowing how much she loved both business and being a mom, she knew her business would have to be built around her family’s needs.
- Janelle works Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays with the support of her husband and a nanny.
- Turning her work brain off is hard, but setting up really strict boundaries for herself keeps her in check.
- This includes keeping her phone away in intentional and structured times of the day.
Janelle shares how she was impacted by being raised in the an entrepreneurial family.
- She can trace back her entrepreneurial roots to her great grandfather who immigrated from Cuba and started his own business.
- Having a whole family of people who understand her lifestyle and business choices makes a huge difference.
Janelle shares how she made a shift from a very traditional career.
- She got a degree in sociology which led her to a masters in teaching.
- She moved into an administrative role from the classroom and had plans of being a superintendent before she was 30.
- It took just one unhealthy work environment to motivate her to leave her job and start her own business at home.
- One of her first businesses was a tutoring business, but that wasn’t something that was maximizing her potential.
- With her postpartum body, she needed help rebuilding her wardrobe so she hired a stylist, which inspired her to start the same business.
- She finally identified that in starting all these random businesses, that the common denominator was, in fact, the business building itself, which pointed her towards being a business coach.
Janelle describes who her ideal client is to coach.
- Her goal is not only that you would be working only 20 hours a week, but that your business is profitable-like six figures profitable in 6-9 months.
- Her clients come to her when they have a business idea that they are 100% committed to.
Janelle shares how she might help a business owner reduce the number of hours she’s working without the amount of profit.
- She starts by looking at your business model to see if there’s a more efficient way to accomplish your goals.
- Then she would help you identify parts of your business that you can outsource.
- Many times people rely on automations too heavily.
- She tries to ensure that women are working as little-or as much as they want to be!
Janelle shares some of the tools and strategies that she’s finding success with.
- She would first make sure you are setting and keeping good boundaries.
- She provides her clients with a “What to Expect Document” to establish those boundaries with the people she works with.
Janelle shares her 10 Day, 20 Hour Challenge
- You can sign up for her challenge and once a day for 10 days, Janelle shares all of her tips and tricks for making sure her work week stays under 20 hours while her business stays profitable.
Janelle shares what role her husband plays in her business.
- Janelle attributes so much of her success to her husband’s constant support from the beginning of her business.
- She makes sure women are aware of the need for a supportive partner if their business is going to thrive.
- There’s nothing in terms of home life and parenting that they don’t share.
- Her husband also comes from a family full of entrepreneurs.
- They are dreaming of opening up a dental practice that will have a much more non-traditional and modern business model.
- As a couple, they are self-aware enough to know they will function best supporting one another in separate businesses rather than working side by side.
Meet Janelle Lara
Janelle is a Wife, Mom, and Business Strategist based out of Salt Lake City, Utah. She helps female five figure entrepreneurs effortlessly scale to six figures, without overwhelm or burnout. She is known as The Part-Time CEO because she only works 2 and a half days per week, and the rest of the time she is a stay at home Mom to her one-year-old daughter, Adelaide. She is the host of The Part-Time CEO Podcast and loves inspiring and empowering women to reach their full potential as women and business owners.
Find Janelle Lara
About The Host
Meg Brunson has been marketing to moms for nearly a decade. After leaving her corporate job at Facebook in 2017 to be a more present mom to her 4 daughters, she founded EIEIO Marketing; a digital marketing agency focused on Facebook Marketing for family-first businesses.
Through highly targeted, results-driven, Facebook Ads she's delivered results for her clients that include: doubling their lead volume, generating 62% more sales than the in-house team, attaining a 16x return on ad spend, and reducing the cost per lead by 99%!
After helping her daughter launch her first business, Storytime With Kiki, at the age of 10, Meg began hosting the FamilyPreneur Podcast: an interview-style podcast for parent entrepreneurs, raising entrepreneurial children.