We have a great guest for you today! He is the Author of an empowering children's book entitled Valedictorian. It empowers readers by informing them of the highest honor one can receive as a student, and inspires them to strive for academic excellence. He is also the owner of Learn 2 Read Read 2 Learn LLC. A word first book company that focuses on empowering parents by informing them of the age 0-5 window of opportunity where children can learn language and reading skills simultaneously with less effort. This is a book that has left a lasting impact on my daughter, and I am excited to kick-off today’s discussion with Guy Lodge!
- Before Guy was a children’s book author, he was a college graduate and a semester away from his Master’s when his first of four daughters were born. That caused him to pivot away from his path to that point and ended up homeschooling his children. The natural course from that point led him to writing his children’s book.
- The story itself is about 4 sisters where the oldest’s goal is to become the Valedictorian. It’s from the perspective of the 2nd oldest told to the 3rd oldest, and is a “roadmap to Valedictorian.”
- Although the story is referencing a goal for later in school life compared to the audience level of the book, it helps to plant the seed for that goal later in life.
- Make sure to keep tabs on Guy in the future as he has plans for more books down the line as well!
- It’s important for Guy for his daughters to see the business side of the book and would like them to be able to be in more events, but he’s also well aware of his and their limits and knows the importance of not trying to do too much too fast.
- Guy always knew that he wanted to homeschool his children. He was fortunate to find a homeschooling program where it’s a public school done virtually. That added benefit of being so technologically savvy at such a young age is an added benefit for Guy’s family as well.
- Orlando Jones did the illustrations, he’s an art student at the University of Phoenix.
- Check out what makes the Valedictorian T-shirts unique in the podcast. They’re definitely a modern-day T-shirt!
Meet Guy Lodge
Guy Lodge is the Author of an empowering children's book entitled Valedictorian. It empowers readers by informing them of the highest honor one can receive as a student, and inspires them to strive for academic excellence. He is also the owner of Learn 2 Read Read 2 Learn LLC. A word first book company that focuses on empowering parents by informing them of the age 0-5 window of opportunity where children can learn language and reading skills simultaneously with less effort.
Read Kiki's Book Review:
Last week, we discussed health and wellness and homeschooling with Alison Rand. Alison was born and raised in Maine, ane moved to Phoenix soon after being married. She is a proud mama to 2 adopted children whom she homeschools. She’s built a business around connecting with other moms and creating healthy lifestyles focused on organic nutrition. If you missed last week, be sure to go back and give it a listen!
Next week, I am excited to welcome the founder of FIT4MOM, the country's largest fitness program for moms… She’s a noted speaker, author, podcaster and powerhouse of energy – Lisa Druxman! Lisa is a mom on a mission and is passionate about helping women get out of overwhelm and in to a life of health and happiness. Recognizing her entrepreneurship, Lisa has been nominated for and received numerous honors from organizations such as the National Association of Women Business Owners and she has appeared on television shows such as NBC’s Today Show, CNN, Access Hollywood, Hollywood Live Today and Home & Family to name a few. Druxman has been featured in print publications including Entrepreneur, Woman’s Day, Good Housekeeping, Self, Fit Pregnancy, American Baby, and more. Her knowledge and expertise helping moms balance motherhood, life, and fitness is displayed in the mission she lives every day and she has graciously fit us into her busy schedule, providing an interview you undoubtedly don’t want to miss!
About The Host
Meg Brunson has been marketing to moms for over 7 years. She is the founder and CEO of EIEIO Marketing, a digital marketing agency focused on Facebook Marketing for family-focused businesses.
Meg is also a former Facebook employee with a passion for helping bootstrapped businesses figure out Facebook so that they can promote like the pros! She left the 9-5 in 2017, so that she could be the mom she wanted to be to her 4 young daughters.
After helping her daughter launch her first business, Storytime With Kiki, at the age of 10, Meg began hosting the FamilyPreneur Podcast: an interview-style podcast for parent entrepreneurs, raising entrepreneurial children.