You’ve seen it mentioned already: Using data from analytics to enable you to do more of what works, less of what doesn’t, and test out new ideas is a no-brainer. There are several different analytics software packages you can buy that are cloud-based, but you may as well use what’s easily available and what everyone else uses as their basis: Google Analytics.
If you don’t have Google Analytics on your site right now, please go install it today. Sign up for a GA account via your Google email address or business account so that you can get a number. If you have a WordPress website, you can easily accomplish this by using a plugin that fits your needs.
You can find a list of them through the WordPress.org website. You may already have a theme that has a plugin installed for you. You can then simply provide your account number and connect the two and within 48 hours or so, you’ll start gathering data from your traffic.
Via Google Analytics you can:
- Learn Page Views
- Know Your Bounce Rate
- View Your Traffic Source
- Determine Your Conversion Rate
- Understand Traffic Sources
- Learn Demographic Information About Visitors
- Know What People Search For
- Know What People Click on Most
- Find Out What Content Your Audience Likes Most
- Understand Cart Abandonment
- So Much More
Conversely, anything you can find out in the positive you can also undercover the negative. For example, you can find out what content your audience dislikes most so that you can either fix it or get rid of it. Plus, you can find out what content your audience likes most, converts to most, and shares most so that you can do more content like that.
Google Analytics is a very fully featured analytics software designed to help you perfect your website and each individual page so that you can attract your ideal customer. Remember, Google’s job is to please their customers by delivering search results that are as close to what the customer is trying to find as possible. Then, via all of Google’s Webmaster Tools, they give you their secrets so that you can get listed higher in search results.
It all boils down to pleasing your customers. Google can not only teach you how to do that, but also teach you how to show your customers that you’re doing that by helping you set up your site so that when it does get the right traffic, they know what to do and can respond to your calls to action because they’re so clear. Your job is to market and promote in every way that you can that will deliver the right audience. So, use Google Analytics to help you improve!
- Stay with me – Every week I share new content related to blogging, business, and marketing. The easiest way not to miss anything is to join my weekly newsletter!
- Connect with a likeminded community – the FamilyPreneur™ Community is a great place to connect with other parents who are building businesses! Request to join, answer a couple easy questions (so we can ensure everyone in the group is legit), and I'll get you approved ASAP!