Over the month of February, we're going to dive deep into leveraging the Facebook Pixel and tracking conversions that really matter. Today we're going to talk about what the Facebook Pixel is and why you should be using it. It's FREE and every business should be using it!
- The pixel is a piece of code that is created in Facebook Ads Manager. You copy it from Ads Manager and paste it into the header of your website.
What does the Facebook Pixel do?
- Tracks Website Visitors – you can create audiences of people who have visited some – or all – pages.
- Example: An eCommerce client can remarket to people who have visited their website in the past 6 months, but exclude people who have purchased in the past 30 days, by excluding people who hit the thank-you page in the past 30 days.
- Bonus: You can use these audiences to create Lookalike Audiences!
- Optimizes Facebook Ad Campaigns – often times, business owners really want conversions (not just traffic) and the Pixel is necessary to optimize for a conversion to take place.
- Provides highly relevant analytical data – Unlike Google Analytics, which tracks with cookies limited to tracking on single-devices and by tracking the last click… Facebook Analytics is able to track across multiple devices and with an attribution window of 28 days (which means, you can click on an Ad today on your cell phone, and 4 weeks from today you sign into the laptop and purchase the product that was promoted in the Ad – and Facebook will know that! But, Google will not – Google can only tell you what happened immediately before purchasing).
Homework: Get the Pixel installed on your website… if you are using WordPress or Kartra (like I am) then watch the video tutorials below… if NOT, then head over to the FREE FamilyPreneur Community and let me know what platform you're on and I will help you with installation! I really love helping other business owners have their “ah-ha” moments, where Facebook marketing finally CLICKS and they can take back their time and leverage the Facebook platform for the robust marketing tool that it is!
Install the Facebook Pixel:
Learn more about Facebook Pixel Helper
Next Monday we'll be taking things a step farther and talking about tracking actions that happen after the user arrives on your site… optimizing for conversions with Standard Events!
Download the Quarterly Campaign Planner to work through all 7 elements of a profitable Facebook Ad Campaign AND build your strategy for the next 3 months!
Get a little extra guidance:
Visit ReadySetAd.com to learn about the self-paced course and mentorship opportunities available so that you can build your business through building Facebook Ads that convert without spending hours fumbling around Ads Manager!
Meg Brunson has been marketing to moms for nearly a decade. After leaving her corporate job at Facebook in 2017 to be a more present mom to her 4 daughters, she founded EIEIO Marketing; a digital marketing agency focused on Facebook Marketing for family-first businesses.
Through highly targeted, results-driven, Facebook Ads she's delivered results for her clients that include: doubling their lead volume, generating 62% more sales than the in-house team, attaining a 16x return on ad spend, and reducing the cost per lead by 99%!
After helping her daughter launch her first business, Storytime With Kiki, at the age of 10, Meg began hosting the FamilyPreneur Podcast: an interview-style podcast for parent entrepreneurs, raising entrepreneurial children.