Today’s guest helps businesses and brands connect with customers through advertising. She works for Social Media Examiner, and sells event sponsorships and activations for their industry leading conference, Social Media Marketing World. I’m excited to introduce you to Emily Crume!
In This Episode You'll Learn
- What type of content your business should produce, to shortcut the sales process?
- Unique ways to look at your business when producing content (beyond SEO and advertising).
- How identifying and setting a business mission can help guide you through the creation process.
- A tip for handling people who come to you to “pick your brain” when you are a consultant: the first time is free, the second time is a paid consult call.
- Why service-based businesses – any businesses, really – SHOULD include pricing on their websites… and what to do if your prices vary between clients.
- How do you know if it’s the right time to start seeking sponsorships for your blog/podcast/newsletter/etc. (HINT: it has nothing to do with your list size or other metrics!)
- Not every business is a good fit for sponsoring your business – find out who you should consider, and who you should pass on.
- The two types of sponsorships (endemic & non-endemic) advertisers, and when/how to leverage each.
- Tips for providing sponsors with a positive experience working with you.
- CHALLENGE: Brainstorm a “Write Once, Read Many” piece of content that can appear personalized to serve your audience and grow your business.
Listen and Subscribe Now
Emily helps businesses and brands connect with customers through advertising in the Social Media Examiner newsletter. She also sells event sponsorships and activations for Social Media Marketing World.