Parenthood is a land of millions of decisions, and the choices can be seriously overwhelming. Whether you are expecting your first child or changing diapers is basically your life, the decision of diapering is truly important for the environment, your wallet, and your baby. I was so excited to have the opportunity to test disposable Dyper bamboo diapers on my 16-month-old baby girl.
Thanks to Dyper for sponsoring this review. All opinions you're about to see/read are honest, and our own…
To be perfectly honest, we are a cloth diapering family most of the time. We decided to cloth diaper for ALL the reasons.
- We save money. Based on a 2-year estimate, we save upwards of $1,000 by using cloth rather than the generic disposables. (source)
- We reduce our carbon footprint. Did you know that American babies use about 27.4 BILLION disposable diapers a year? They are the 3rd largest consumer items found in landfills. Um, yeah. (source)
- We make healthy choices for our baby to avoid exposure to toxic chemicals. Sodium polyacrylate, dioxin, and phthalates, oh my… These and more toxic chemicals can all be found in disposables. (source)
- We don’t run out of diapers in the middle of the night. Part of the reason that we love doing cloth is that we never have a moment of panic that we are down to the last diaper. We get that laundry going long before it’s time because we have a system.
Cloth diapering is definitely a lifestyle, and it’s not for everyone. Did you have your heart set on cloth diapering for many of the reasons above, but just couldn’t pull the trigger for fear of flying specks of poo or the time commitment?
But what if there was a disposable that could do all of this?
That’s where Dyper Bamboo Diapers come in and save the day.
So how do the benefits of cloth diapering compare to Dyper Bamboo Diapers?
- You save money. The cost is $64/month for 140-200 diapers depending on the size of your baby. Dyper uses artificial intelligence to estimate the monthly needs of your child. Want even more savings? Subscribe annually for a discount. (source) According to Grovia, diapering with eco-friendly disposables for 2.5 years would cost around $2,245 where the Dyper bamboo subscription would only cost about $1,920. (source)
- You reduce your carbon footprint. Dyper bamboo diapers are created with responsibly sourced bamboo which is a renewable resource and packaged with biodegradable bags. Your diapers can even be composted safely at home or a facility. (source) And if you're looking for a fantastic diaper pail to house these diapers until it's compost time, you should check out the Decor Diaper Pail (which has options for cloth and disposable liners!)
- You can make healthy choices for your baby to avoid exposure to toxic chemicals. Dyper bamboo is free of the toxic chemicals (chlorine, latex, alcohol, perfumes, PVC, Phthalates, etc.) that generic diapers contain. They choose to leave the diapers print-free to avoid ink altogether. Instead of these added chemicals, Dyper bamboo embraces the natural properties of bamboo and is hypoallergenic, antimicrobial, antibacterial, and antifungal. (source)
- You don’t run out of diapers in the middle of the night. Because what parent doesn’t live for delivery?! Now your safe and eco-friendly diapers will be delivered to your door. Plus, if you need more, you have the ability to send out two SOS’s per subscription for a week’s worth of diapers at no extra charge. (source)
While we primarily use cloth diapers, the reality is that we do prefer to use disposables when traveling or out and about. Dyper Bamboo provides a safe, effective, and environmentally conscious option for either part or full-time diapering, and I definitely recommend Dyper bamboo diapers!
Get a DYPER Bamboo Diaper Subscription for $64/month!
Soft + Antibacterial + Eco-Friendly = Awesome Subscribe Now & Get a Free Diaper Bag!
Enter to WIN a ONE MONTH SUPPLY of Dyper Bamboo Diapers!
Meet FamilyPreneurs, Dee-Anna Pippenger & Paige
Dee-Anna Pippenger is a girl who has worn many hats in many different seasons of her life. She is an Arizona native, but part of her heart still resides in Long Beach, California where she soaked up the beach life after college. Now in Phoenix, she loves being a mama and a wife and all the opportunities that that life has afforded. She and her husband are licensed foster parents and now biological parents to sweet and adventurous one-year-old Paige.
As a teacher by trade, she loves helping parents understand that they are a child’s first and best teacher. Being a teacher has also fueled her love for children’s literature and the local library! The adventure she’s most excited about now is being a virtual assistant to small business owners in the world of parenting and education. She loves being able to work from home, collaborating with creative and passionate people while still being able to be fully present as a mom and wife.
Let's Have some FUN!
If you know you need to improve your marketing, but don't know exactly where to start… or you just love buzzfeed-like quizzes… then you need to check out THIS QUIZ! It'll reveal exactly what you need to take your marketing to the next level PLUS start an epic dance party!