I’d like to introduce you to today’s guest! She is a New York Times bestselling author and the founder of TiLT Parenting, a website, top podcast, and social media company for parents who are raising differently wired children. Her next book, Differently Wired: Raising an Exceptional Child in a Conventional World, comes out in spring 2018. She currently lives with her son and husband in the Netherlands, and I am thrilled to be welcoming Debbie Reber to the Podcast today!
- It was a very scary choice to alter her path, she had spent years building her brand as a teen expert, but altering her career path to focus on differently wired kids became a change that she needed to make.
- Transitioning from her career in children’s television to a writer was very difficult, and very scary – she was leaving behind contacts, the foundation she had laid, and even how she came to identify herself. So when it came time for her to pivot her career path again, although the feelings were similar they weren’t as intense because she had gone through it before.
- Parenting coach who specializes in coaching parents with atypical kids – Margaret Webb
- Debbie worked with Jonathan Fields of the The Good Life podcast as a guru of hers for many years and when starting Tilt.
- Despite the cliche that self care is all-important, Debbie really believes that self care is vital to being able to raise differently wired kids to thrive. Unapologetic recharging is essential for Debbie to be able to navigate through the day to day to avoid the burnout that can happen. Even getting away for a retreat or conference can make that difference.
- Debbie has, intentionally or not, passed on the adventurous gene to her son. Be sure to check out his unique answer to, “What do you want to be when you grow up?” Hint: It’s out of this world!
- Sunday afternoon ballgame? Not for this family! They are a family of entrepreneurs. With her husband running a coding side hustle and her son working on developing his own font, a lazy Sunday afternoon is more likely to be spent with them all working on their own individual projects.
- Debbie created Tilt Parenting to be a source of information about raising neurodiverse children without any of the stigmas that can be associated with it.
- Debbie’s tip to life with a neurodiverse child: curiosity.
Meet Debbie Reber
Debbie Reber is a New York Times bestselling author and the founder of TiLT Parenting, a website, top podcast, and social media company for parents who are raising differently wired children. Her next book, Differently Wired: Raising an Exceptional Child in a Conventional World, comes out in spring 2018. She currently lives with her son and husband in the Netherlands.
- Her newest book available HERE.
- Google Play Music, iTunes, Stitcher, PodBean, SoundCloud, Player FM
Debbie’s Recommendations & Links
Last week, Lisa Zawrotny joined me to discuss productivity and organization. Through a combination of renewed self-care, personal development, and her own customized organizing and productivity approaches, Lisa took back her own health and sanity and not only changed where her family lived, but how they lived. The process was so healing for her that she knew she needed to help others do the same. In addition to years of organizing and coaching experience, Lisa is a certified life coach and member of the National Association of Productivity and Organizing Professionals. Lisa provided extremely valuable inspiration and tips toward decluttering our lives physically and mentally, in order to creates space for healing and hope. You’ll find episode #19 on our website or your favorite Podcast platform!
Next week, I’m going to talk with Jenny Hale. She is a former New York runway model, as well as an actress. However, her true passion is serving the nation’s military families. Unable to serve for medical reasons, she made it her goal to help military families and veterans follow their dreams. Using her entrepreneurial success and strong military marketing background, she now consults, mentors, and teaches veterans and military spouses how to use social media and modern marketing practices to increase the success of their entrepreneurial ventures. A patriot to the core, she believes in empowering entrepreneurs with military backgrounds and those in the military sector to live the American dream. This is an episode military and civilian parent entrepreneurs alike won’t want to miss!
About The Host
Meg Brunson has been marketing to moms for over 7 years. She is the founder and CEO of EIEIO Marketing, a digital marketing agency focused on Facebook Marketing for family-focused businesses.
Meg is also a former Facebook employee with a passion for helping bootstrapped businesses figure out Facebook so that they can promote like the pros! She left the 9-5 in 2017, so that she could be the mom she wanted to be to her 4 young daughters.
After helping her daughter launch her first business, Storytime With Kiki, at the age of 10, Meg began hosting the FamilyPreneur Podcast: an interview-style podcast for parent entrepreneurs, raising entrepreneurial children.