The sad truth is that most businesses do a “meh” job with customer care. Surveys have been done year after year showing a high rate of dissatisfaction among customers in all niches across all types of businesses showing customers are very upset about the lack of customer care today. Because of this, you have the opportunity to truly stand out when it comes to customer service.
When you employ the “power of one” in customer care:
(1) Customer Experience Improves – One of the most important aspects of your business is the customer’s experience. If they come to your website and don’t feel welcome, and don’t see themselves in the entire experience of interacting with your online real estate, products, and services, they’ll have a poor experience. But if you use the knowledge you glean by focusing on your customer of one, in customer care and elsewhere, you’ll improve customer experience in many ways.
(2) Boosts Customer Longevity – When customers feel cared for by getting excellent customer care they’re much more likely to stick around longer. Regardless of how your customer gets into your funnel, you want them to stick around. You want them to stick around so that they tell others about you and so that they purchase your other products or services that you create and recommend. By providing customer-centric care, you can accomplish all of this.
(3) It’s Easier to Communicate with Your Customer – When you know who they are, it’s much easier to communicate with your customer. Narrowing it down to a single customer of one makes all communication and messaging much simpler because you’ll know how to talk to them and how to please them.
(4) You’ll Create More Targeted Products & Services – By knowing exactly who your customer is, the products and services you create, and offer, will naturally be much better. This means that you’ll be dealing with a lot fewer complaint issues and happier testimonials. That automatically makes customer care more pleasant.
(5) Promotions Will be More Appealing – When you can narrow down your target audience to just one person where you can think of their age, sex, and other demographics, including their biggest fears, desires, and pains in life (and even give them a name), you can tailor your message to them.
(6) You’ll be Able to Set the Prices Right – When you truly know your customer, you also know how much money they can afford to spend on your type of products and services. This means that your products will always be perfect for them, there will be no lowballing you, or struggles regarding price. They’ll feel good paying what you’re charging.
(7) Increases Customer Engagement – When you write for, talk to, and create for your customer and you really know them, the engagement you experience will be increased in amazing ways. Each will feel as if your words are just for them and as if you can read their mind. Because of this, they’re going to be more likely to answer you and communicate with you. Plus, they’ll want to.
It’s more than likely you cannot compete with everyone on price. You need to charge what you do and should continue to do so. But, you can make a huge impact if you learn about the “power of one” in customer care. You can turn complaints into compliments and let them inform your customer care policies in a way that makes a big impact on your customers and your bottom line – all while satisfying your customer and meeting your goals too.
- Stay with me – Every week I share new content related to blogging, business, and marketing. The easiest way not to miss anything is to join my weekly newsletter!
- Connect with a likeminded community – the FamilyPreneur™ Community is a great place to connect with other parents who are building businesses! Request to join, answer a couple easy questions (so we can ensure everyone in the group is legit), and I'll get you approved ASAP!