You know it’s important to have a funnel, but how do you know where to start with funnel creation? It’s super simple. Focus on the one product you want all your customers to buy. This is the one product you have created just for your ideal customer. Some might call it your signature, core, or flagship product.
What Is a Flagship Product?
This is your main product that you first created for your ideal customers. Since it fits your ideal customer, it should fit everyone. This product solves a serious problem for your customer and offers a lot of benefits.
How to Build a Profitable Funnel
A funnel is a simple concept that is very powerful. It’s called a funnel because you use very specific techniques to funnel traffic to your offering. Think of the funnel as a pyramid with the widest part at the top, that’s where the traffic comes in, and the smallest part at the bottom, which is where your product lives.
- Create a Product That Solves a Problem – Your core product must solve a core problem for your audience to be an effective first product. But, honestly, if you only have one product right now, and it's not exactly that, it’s okay. Do the rest anyway.
- Build an Effective Website – You should already have a good website, but it helps if the website is focused on that core product and the main reason for being there for your ideal audience. That way, if you pop up the offer on the main page – or any page that your audience comes to – it’ll make sense to them.
- Develop a Free Product – Your freebie should explain the why of the problem, while your core product should tell how to solve it. If you think of it that way, you should be able to come up with a good freebie with the main product you want to sell in mind. For example, the free product could be “10 Things You’re Doing Wrong When Trying to Get More Traffic” while your core product is “How to Use Facebook Marketing to Get More Traffic.”
- Set up an Email List – Using the freebie and the main product you want to promote as your guide, create an email series for the email list you set up that works toward giving more information about the problem and offering the solution.
- Set Up a Lead Capture Page – Set up a lead capture page using either a page on your site or a special lead capture software such as leadpages.net, Kartra.com, or my personal fav, FG Funnels. You can make it very simple by using a page in your site without sidebars or menus so that it’s specific, or you can use a popup form that comes with your email marketing software (combined with a plugin for WordPress like Popupalley.com).
- Send Traffic to Your Lead Page — The last step is to generate traffic to the lead page. Pick a traffic generation method and get the traffic to the lead page. Once you get people to sign up, they’re in your funnel.
It’s probably a good idea to also make an email series for people who purchase your product so that you can keep them in your funnel after they purchase. Send them blog updates and other information as you build your next product, or recommend other people’s products as an affiliate to keep the funnel going.
- Stay with me – Every week I share new content related to content creation, business, and marketing. The easiest way not to miss anything is to join my weekly newsletter!
- Connect with a likeminded community – the FamilyPreneur™ Community is a great place to connect with other parents who are building businesses! Request to join, answer a couple easy questions (so we can ensure everyone in the group is legit), and I'll get you approved ASAP!