As an attorney by trade, and a former professional organizer and efficiency consultant, today's guest has spent over a decade in self-employment and commits herself to being a life-long learner, and she believes in passing those lessons along. She’s a mom, wife, attorney, law firm owner, entrepreneur, and founder of the largest national referral network for mompreneurs, MOMpire! Through MOMpire and the MOMpire Podcast, she shares the inspiration and tools moms need to build sustainable businesses to support the life they love… and today we're going to dive into those topics with Ashley Meyer!
Ashley shares how MOMpire got its start.
- Her journey started when she was kicked out of a FB group because she shared a great deal on a local business.
- She needed a space to connect with moms and be a business owner.
- She created a FB group called Mommies Hiring Mommies and woke up to 250 requests to join the next day!
- People were primarily in search of or wanting to share business referrals.
- The FB group was a great start but she knew it could be improved.
- Now the site is an online directory of mom-owned businesses (like Angie’s List).
- All listings share info about their services, a bio about the mom, and reviews for the business
- By the end of 2019, they hope to have a comprehensive nationwide list of mom-owned businesses available.
Ashley shares about how her family and business overlap.
- She still has a full-time practice with her husband, but she is shifting gears to be able to support moms more through the site.
- Her boys are 3.5, 4.5, and the best of friends
- They love camping and being outdoors together
- They initially tried to shield their kids from their work life but realized this was not healthy.
- She grew up in her dad’s law firm, even working there are age 11.
- Her boys started going to networking events with her and her husband.
- They were intentional to build in activities focused on the boys.
- The boys are involved in her marketing materials and are ultimately her biggest “why”.
Ashley shares a success story from MOMpire.
- Some moms have gone so far as saying this platform saved their life.
- Many women have found hope and encouragement in relationships online.
- Ashley’s best friends have come from this community because they “get” her.
- Another woman quadrupled her direct sales company from her connections in the group.
Ashley talks about the significance of having a community while being an entrepreneur.
- Part of what her firm does is layer Familypreneurs with asset liability and tax protection and longevity so that their legacy can pass on.
- A community is essential for helping you celebrate and walk out the hard moments.
- Some women have transitioned back to traditional jobs, but the community is still available to them.
Ashley shares her definition of “balance” in business and family.
- First of all, take the pressure off!
- Secondly, find a way to be present wherever you are.
- She utilizes a journal that allows her to track 10 areas of her life on a daily basis.
- Being able to reflect on this brings clarity which helps her be more successful in all areas of her life.
Meet Ashley Meyer
Ashley Meyer is a woman that does it all, with fire! She’s a mom, wife, attorney, law firm owner, entrepreneur, and founder of the largest national referral network for mompreneurs, MOMpire! As an attorney by trade, and a former professional organizer and efficiency consultant, Ashley has spent over a decade in self-employment and commits herself to being a life-long learner, and she believes in passing those lessons along. Through MOMpire and the MOMpire Podcast, Ashley shares the inspiration and tools moms need to build sustainable businesses to support the life they love.
Find Ashley Meyer
Let's Have some FUN!
If you know you need to improve your marketing, but don't know exactly where to start… or you just love buzzfeed-like quizzes… then you need to check out THIS QUIZ! It'll reveal exactly what you need to take your marketing to the next level PLUS start an epic dance party!
About The Host
Meg Brunson has been marketing to moms for nearly a decade. After leaving her corporate job at Facebook in 2017 to be a more present mom to her 4 daughters, she founded EIEIO Marketing; a digital marketing agency focused on Facebook Marketing for family-first businesses.
Through highly targeted, results-driven, Facebook Ads she's delivered results for her clients that include: doubling their lead volume, generating 62% more sales than the in-house team, attaining a 16x return on ad spend, and reducing the cost per lead by 99%!
After helping her daughter launch her first business, Storytime With Kiki, at the age of 10, Meg began hosting the FamilyPreneur Podcast: an interview-style podcast for parent entrepreneurs, raising entrepreneurial children.